Monday, September 26, 2011

My little soccer star

So, my oldest boy is 3 1/2 and what better age to start him into sports huh? (insert sarcasm).  But really, we did want him to be involved in some type of activity in which he learns teamwork (and burns off some of that excess energy).  So we found about the only sport we could in our area that starts at age three, and that would be soccer.  He actually LOVES it!  He loves putting on all his tiny little soccer gear and running around aimlessly kicking the ball.  My hubby and I neither one played the sport, so we don't have the first clue how it works, we weren't even sure how to put the shin guards on at first.  Thursday he had his first game and it was adorable to see a bunch of pint sized guys running around laughing and kicking the ball.  Talk about cute!  I vowed I would never become one of those ultra-competitive moms screaming from the sidelines (especially now since he's only three) but I actually found it hard to resist continually yelling "come on son, keep your eye on the ball...HURRY!  GO! GO! GO!"  it was a little embarrassing in hindsight.  Here's a shot of him in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment