Friday, October 7, 2011

Boo-Boo


Well, this picture definitely doesn't do it justice, but my middle boy took a great tumble down the steps this week and had his first trip to the ER.  I would have taken a photo right after the incident to show the giant goose-egg that popped up instantly, but it made me nauseated to even glance at it.  Rushing to the ER I was just sure his skull was cracked open causing his brains to bulge out from his head.  Luckily I'm just very pessimistic.  Ended up being just a big knot right under the skin...no fractured skull! The husband and I didn't see the fall but we both heard it, and it's a horrifying sound no one should have to hear.  There are about 15 steps leading down to our basement and since we didn't witness the fall we had to rely on the information our 3 year old provided us.  His number one statement concerning the whole incident was, "I didn't push him, I didn't push him!"  Alright we got that loud and clear!  Thankfully my nerves were eased as we waited in the Emergency room to be seen and the boys ran around laughing and playing (and fighting), I knew at that point my middle boy couldn't have been injured too seriously.   I'm sure this won't be our last late night visit to the ER with 3 boys.


1 comment: