Friday, January 27, 2012

Chef-boy-r-d

I had a pint-sized helper tonight in the kitchen.  This adorable little guy chipped in and made the green beans for dinner.  It's been a goal of mine to teach each of my boys to cook and I realize they might only enjoy it at this age, so I try to get them in the kitchen to help as often as possible (I think their future wives will really appreciate this!).  I also learned that it really helps those picky little eaters to try more things.  After all, if they make the dish, they just can't wait to try it...even if it is green!  I even have a whole drawer in the kitchen that is dedicated to the boys.  In it is their apron, chef's hat, cookie cutters, kid's cook books and a variety of miniature utensils.  I enjoy cooking and this is such a great bonding experience with my little men!

2 comments: